Our partner is a successful international group, active in the field of FMCG
The job vacancy is open for the position of Category Manager, for product category HEALTH & LIVING.
The Category Manager is accountable for the direct management and cost target achievement for managed product categories, for developing marketing and sales strategies based on company’s competitive and success elements, while coordinating and executing business tactics for development, marketing and sales of the products in the category.
The Category Manager defines and implements the strategy for a specific group of product category, managed regionally on a HQ level and manages key supplier relationships. He / she drives strategic sourcing initiatives where they are defined centrally by the company. They enact the category end-to-end sourcing cycle as per company guidelines and manage supplier performance and contracts for all locally managed categories and sub-categories within their country whilst also ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Developing category strategies and category strategic plans, including initiative plans, for regionally managed categories, validating them with the Category department
- Lead and the respective internal customers
- Conducting strategic sourcing, marketing and product initiatives, including fact-based negotiations (supplier and industry analysis, benchmarks, cost structure analysis) for all locally managed categories within the local country portfolio and ensuring process compliance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Develop innovative category communication and marketing strategies
- Being able to assess category potential for targeted markets
- Drive and lead category product development and innovation, accordingly to market research and consumer insight, such as:
- develop strategies for new and updated products that will improve the category overall performance
- develop and enhance products for designated category, manage product development process from concept generation to delivery, being mindful of competitive products and new trends that may be relevant, ensuring that assortment reflects category growth (sales and profit growth)
- identify consumer research needs and initiate consumer research projects that would effectively feed into product development and communication strategy
- Identifying supplier risk areas and quantifying risk exposure for global product categories within category portfolio and executing risk mitigation actions
- Delivering relevant KPI targets (e.g. savings targets through strategic sourcing) for managed categories
- Providing key stakeholders with customer focussed insights regarding the product and category.Managing a large portfolio of different marketing channels and developing appropriate strategies for each
- Creating and developing a long-term plan and strategy for development of the category and execute category plans to meet revenue goals
- Working closely with his team to support brand development and implementation activities
- Closely cooperate with all aspects of the business to gather product and channel insights
- Utilize data and shopper insights to provide recommendations to drive category distribution and market shareUnderstanding changing and differing priorities depending on territories and how these impact channel marketing
- Stay updated on industry trends and market competitions
- Attend industry events and trade shows for promoting company products.
Professional skills and attitude:
- Strong product and category management skills
- Excellent knowledge of the global category market and sourcing best practices
- Good level of commercial awareness (i.e. understanding of P&L statement etc.)
- Sound ability to analyse and interpret market research data, to taker accurate conclusions to support category decisions based on key data is essential.
- Analytical skills: working with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company, evaluate pro’s and con’s of each (based on price, quality, speed of delivery, payment conditions)
- Strong and effective decision-making capacity: use the information gathered in order to make decisions on behalf of the company; i.e. proactively develop implementation and strategic alternatives - have a method for generating ideas, evaluating options, making choices and planning for contingencies)
- Effective at interpreting complex and multiple sources of information to make decisionsInnovative thinking and creativeness; ability to identify new trends and deliver ideas for great performing products
- Negotiation skills: working with suppliers to create best dealsStrong interpersonal skills capable of building and maintaining relationships with external partners and internally within organization
- Excellent communication skills (English is a must) – particularly delivering presentations to Sales, Marketing and senior Audience;
- Listen and responds to internal and external needs with the ability to manage and priorities multiple demands
- Strong people management skills and the ability to manage and persuade at all levels of the company is essentialLead gracefully under pressure.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in economy, management, commercial field or related area; Master’s degree is an advantage
Languages: Slovene and proficient knowledge of English (written and verbal)
IT skills: PC proficiency / very good in MS Office
Professional background: minimum 5-10 years of marketing knowledge, product development and/or sourcing experience of a retail and/or digital environment.